1. Points classes must be pulled first or halfway; points classes will NOT be pulled last.
2. $5 of the $20 driver entry fee will be sent back to SCTPA for points money. ($5 for each puller in that class)
Hot Stock and Open Classes - Seat Belts are required
1. General rules apply to all classes.
2. Each tractor or truck may be entered in more than one class, but only once in each class.
3. Tractors must weigh-in prior to start of the contest. Weight will be taken with the operator on the tractor. The puller is to light weigh his vehicle and then move off the scales to weight-up so as not to hold up the weigh-in process. The flagman will have the option to spot re-weigh any contestant. Once a tractor is weighed and R.P.M. checked (if required), it will be driven to the staging area, and remain there until it pulls. The tractor may not return to the pits after it is weighed in for a pull, until after completing its hook.
4. When starting a vehicle an operator must be in the driver's seat at all times whether in the pit or in the track area.
5. All vehicles must be in neutral or park (transmission selector) while being hitched or unhitched. The Driver must raise one hand while hooking and unhooking to acknowledge vehicle is in neutral.
6. All pulling vehicles must have workable brakes.
7. No portion of the tractor or truck shall interfere with the sled or sled hitching device during a pul
8. Contestant has 3 (three) minutes from the time the sled has backed into place to be hooked to pull.
9. All pulls must start from a tight hitch, no jerking permitted during the pull, contestants will be allowed 2 (two) attempts to move sled for official measurement. Each contestant has two attempts, only if on the first attempt the puller stops before the 75' mark. Puller may make gear change or weight adjustments.
10. The first contestant of each class will be the test puller and at the completion of his or her pull may elect to pull again in 3rd position. If a driver elects to do this his first pull will not be counted. All decisions on re-pulls must be made before the pulling vehicle is unhooked from the sled. All other contestants must pull in the position drawn. Unless there is a mechanical problem and an official drops them out of their drawn position.
11. All tractors and trucks must stop immediately at the request of the flagman. The pull shall be over when forward motion stops; the flagman shall keep hole digging to a minimum. Whenever you are red flagged, you are to stop your unit and shut down immediately.
12. No one is allowed on the track except persons needed to operate the pull and the contestant.
13. Puller may have sled spotted on starting line wherever he desires if he notifies the pull back tractor operator in sufficient time to have the sled spotted in the desired location as the sled is returned to the starting line from the previous pull. If preceding puller moves the sled a measurable amount, the next puller may have the sled relocated prior to his first attempt.
14. Committee has the right to reject any entry if it does not comply with association's rules
15. Drawbar is to be stationary in all directions with a maximum of 1 inch play, no standing on the hitch while being measured, and no top link. Hitch must be parallel to the ground. HOT STOCK, OPEN and NO PACE vehicles MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH STABILIZER BARS. STABILIZER BARS TO HAVE PADS, NOT WHEELS, ON BOTTOM OF BARS. PADS TO BE A MINIMUM OF 5 SQ. IN. PADS TO BE A MINIMUM OF 32" REARWARD FROM THE CENTER OF THE REAREND HOUSING. PADS MAXIMUM OF 10" OFF THE GROUND. OUTSIDE TO OUTSIDE LENGTH OF PADS TO BE A MINIMUM OF 20". MINIMUM 12" HIGH BUMPER BARS - TOP TO BE FASTENED TO STABILIZER BAR FRAMING. BARS MUST SUPPORT WEIGHT OF TRACTOR FOR WEIGHT CLASS BEING PULLED.
16. Only one pull will be allowed per contestant unless a tie is declared then a pull off will decide the placing.
17. Last three pullers of prior class will have the option to align in a way that they will not fall into first, second, or third puller, prior to the start of the next class.
18. Contestants shall draw by lottery for pulling position in each weight class.
19. Each contestant will have the opportunity of two attempts at a pull within the first 75 ft. Sled will be relocated at the starting line.
20. Top three tractors or trucks in each class will be checked, at the discretion of the judges.
21. If there is any disagreement concerning the weight of a tractor or truck during a contest, the tractor will be reweighed immediately.
22. Must be a member to pull. (Effective 2/10/05)
23. All drivers must attend the drivers meeting before the start of the pull.
24. All contestants at every event must sign a waiver understanding that they are competing at their own risk and that they will not bring suit against any official, or club or property owner by signing the release form you agree to all rules set forth
25. Upon request of a track official a driver must allow inspection of his or her vehicle. If the driver refuses inspection of his or her vehicle all winnings will be forfeited and required to leave the pull and will not be allowed to compete for one year.
26. All Competitors must sign a waiver of liability before pulling. If a puller pulls without signing the waiver of liability he or she will forfeit any winning for that class.
CAUSES OF DISQUALIFICATION
1. No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the grounds. Any signs of alcohol or illegal drugs being used by any person(s) on the premises are grounds for disqualification and/or removal.
2. Tractors and trucks must be operated in a safe manner at all times on and off the track or unit will be disqualified. ONLY ONE (1) PERSON ALLOWED ON A PULLING VEHICLE AT ANYTIME.
3. Driver must remain seated during the pull and have complete control of the tractor or truck at all times.
4. Tractors and trucks must remain with-in boundaries of contest course during the pull or will be disqualified. (Any unit crossing over white chalk boundary line will be disqualified during the pull.
5. All weights must be safely secured to the tractor. Disqualification will result if loss of weight or equipment happens during pull.
6. Excessive loss of liquid by a pulling vehicle while under the green flag during a contest on the track, unless due to internal breakage. Excessive is defined as a steady or intermittent stream discharge on the track or a spot equivalent to more than eight inches in diameter. If the vehicle is equipped with a catch can device and the attempt is made to control excess fluid - any excess oil or fuel lost will not be grounds for disqualification. If internal breakage & vehicle must be towed away it is not grounds for disqualification, but if the vehicle is driven away under own power is grounds for disqualification.
7. Failure to comply with these rules will disqualify a contestant. Rules will be enforced by Snyder County Tractor Puller's Association committee members and directors.
500 Old Colony Rd, Selinsgrove, PA 17870
Copyright © 2018 Snyder County Tractor Pullers - All Rights Reserved.